Recipes • Easy CBD CannaBudder (butter)
Cooking with CBD is a fun and easy way to incorporate CBD into your lifestyle. The Wildwood Herbal CBD CannaBudder recipe is one of our personal favorites, because the butter can be used in a wide variety of other recipes including baked goods, pasta, veggies, or even just spread on a natural whole-grain bread. Keep reading to learn how to make CBD CannaBudder and all the fun ways to use it in your kitchen!
Why budder instead of butter you ask?! Budder is a term used to describe the texture, consistency, and appearance of set cannabis concentrates. Budder tends to retain a smooth consistency, very similar to butter or cake frosting. Making our organic full spectrum cannabis-infused butter is a versatile way to enjoy Cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD).
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup (7-10 grams) of ground cannabis Wildwood Herbal CBD flower, decarboxylated>> first step is a very important step!!
- Decarb the cannabis CBD flower. Preheat your oven to 245ºF. Place CBD flower buds on a non-stick, oven-safe tray. Cover the tray with parchment paper to prevent sticking. Insert the tray into the oven (or toaster oven), set timer for 30-40 minutes. Every 10 minutes, gently mix the buds with a light shake of the tray to expose the bud surface area equally.
- Grind. Grind the decarboxylated organic full spectrum CBD flower coarsely with a hand grinder.
- Melt butter. Add 1 cup of water to 1 cup butter into a pot or saucepan. Simmer low, melting the butter. *Tip: Adding water can help regulate the temperature, preventing scorching.
- Add cannabis CBD flower. When butter is melting, add in coarsely ground CBD flower.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours. Maintain low heat (ideally above 160ºF but never exceeding 200ºF), stirring occasionally.*Mixture should never be at full boil.
- Strain cannabudder. Set a funnel on top of a jar and line it with cheesecloth. Once the budder has cooled, pour it over the cheesecloth funnel, allowing it to strain freely. *Tip: Squeezing the cheesecloth may push more bad-tasting plant material through- squeeze with care!
- Refrigerate CBD butter. If excess water remains, refrigerate your budder for about an hour before removing the water.f Then remove the solid budder and drain excess water.
- Dose carefully! Refer to dosing information below before adding your butter.