CBD Recipes • CBD Medicinal Mushroom Broth
This spicy and warm sipping broth really hits the spot. Bone broth already offers a very healthy injection of nutrients that support the immune system - take it one step further by including our Wildwood Herbal CBD oil!
CBD Medicinal Mushroom Broth
We are fortunate here at the Wildwood Herbal farm to grow and sell many of our own vegetables included in this CBD broth recipe. Whenever possible, we always encourage using as much local, organic produce and ingredients that you can get your hand on.
*Serves 2 quarts worth of broth, or around 8 servings.
- 2 pounds chicken bones
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 bulbs garlic, chopped
- 3 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices dried reishi mushroom
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms
- ¼ cup dried chaga mushrooms
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 quarts water
- 10 medium sage leaves
- 1 full dropper Wildwood Herbal CBD oil
Roasting for flavor -
- Heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange chicken bones, onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and medicinal mushrooms on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil and CBD oil over pan ingredients.
- Slow-roast the ingredients until fragrant, about 45 minutes.
Simmering the broth -
- Transfer roasted pan contents into a stock pot or Dutch oven, adding in the wine and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then immediately turn down the temperature to medium low and simmer, uncovered, at least 6 and up to 8 hours.
- Add sage leaves about 20 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Turn off and remove from heat, strain the broth and compost the solids (if desired).
- Serve immediately. *Adjust seasoning with fine sea salt before serving.
- Additionally you can store in the fridge for up to 5 days, in the freezer for up to 3 months.